Covid 19 protocols-Updated 09/01/22:
Following local and state health authorities' recommendations:
Prenatal Yoga students:
The CDC lists pregnant people as "high risk": "Although the overall risk of severe illness is low, pregnant people are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 when compared to non-pregnant people." If you are worried about being exposed to COVID 19, I recommend you invest in private classes. We can meet at your place or online, on zoom. All in person students must read the following Covid-19 protocols before registering for classes. Register here. If you can, I highly recommend you invest in 2 or more classes a week, you will reap more benefits.
Mommy and Me yoga students:
COVID-19 in babies seems to be uncommon. A July report from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association shows that less than 1 in 10 COVID-19 cases in the U.S. are in babies and children. Fewer than 9 percent of these babies and children with COVID-19 needed hospitalization. If you choose to take mommy and me yoga classes, please read this, and this article.
By choosing to attend our classes, you take full responsibility for your and your baby's health.
If you choose to attend in-person classes, you must follow the following COVID-19 protocols:
Do not come to class if you or your baby have any COVID SYMPTOMS
Let me know right away if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have attended in-person classes in the previous week. If any student/teacher has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and attended class within a week, class will be transferred online for 1 week. The class schedule will remain the same. If you test positive, please talk to your physician about when to safely resume attending in person classes.
- Wash or disinfect your hands frequently-bring your favorite hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face (especially eyes, nose, and mouth).
- Masks are optional and I trust you will follow current CDC's guidelines for high risk people. If you choose to wear a mask, for highest protection, you may want to wear a N-95 respirator. Please note I do not enforce a mask policy. Some students may choose not to mask. If you are concerned about getting COVID-19 and the small, but real, risk to your and your baby's health, please invest in private classes.
- Teacher will not be wearing a mask.
- Bring your own yoga mat, yoga blanket, strap, core exercise ball, and 2 blocks. Teacher will not be providing supplies to borrow or buy.
- It is recommended that all students sanitize their yoga mat after each class.
- Please bring only what you need to class and keep your personal belongings next to your mat.
- Bring your own water bottle, already filled.